So forgive the one-track mind but my blog here today is on...running. I completed the Ogden Marathon in May. It was my 4th marathon and my 2nd fastest, or 3rd slowest, depending on how you look at it. I was hoping for a sub-3:00 time, ideally arond 2:55. My training was on track for that but a cold in the week before the race curtailed that goal a fair amount. I ended up getting a 3:10:36. So it was a bit off my original goal but all things considered I was still pretty pleased. I finished pretty strong and didn't crash and burn as much as I did in the Top of Utah Marathon last Fall. Jami drove around and was able to cheer me on at a couple spots on the course as well as being there at the finish. That was pretty cool.
Not sure why I do marathons. They kind of suck. They're hard. They take a lot of training. They're not cheap. The worst part is having to wake upat 3:00 or 3:30 to get to the starting race on time. But something about them is very rewarding and within days, if not minutes, I am already looking forward to my next one. It's a sickness, I know. I'm seeking help. But in the mean time I'll keep doing what it takes to get my fix. Here are a couple pics Jami took. They have professional photographers throughout the course whose pictures you can buy for anywhere from $10 to $100 (for a package of pictures including a motorized cardboard cut-out of you that will run your next race for you). I haven't been able to bring myself to buy one of these profession pictures yet. Maybe when I break that 3 hour barrier. Anyway, the pics Jami took are pretty good. Just ignore the look of desperation on my face and the urine running down my leg.
3 comments:
Runners are crazy. Looks like you enjoy it though, Devin.
Jami, I talked to your Mom yesterday and she is a sweetheart. She ordered flowers for a friends funeral.
My Dad did the MS 100 bike ride in Logan a couple weekends ago, and I thought of you often. Hope all is well and to see you sooner than later.
Love ya, Trish
Love love love the post Devin! I still have yet to run my first marathon, but I will get there... maybe?? We could race, but I'm fairly sure you would kick my butt. Unfortunately I missed your Pedal Away Parkinsons race this year. Remember how I almost beat you a few years ago? sigh... Those were the days:) So, we officially need to get together again ASAP! I am having some serious Healey withdrawals!
So funny, Devin. I had a good laugh at the urine comment, mostly because I think it's likely true! I often wonder the same thing about running marathons. Having babies sort of slows me down a bit, though. Hope you guys are well.
Post a Comment