Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I have a man crush on Ben Kweller

Jami and I agree that we went to the best concert we've ever been to. We've actually been to one of Ben's concerts before (2 years ago to the day) but that was the day after Jami was diagnosed with MS so that put quite a damper on things.
There were two opening bands, both local. The first one was the Furs. They were a respectably good band. The second one was excellent: Neon Trees. We knew we were in for a treat when the lead singer came out before they started and was checking to see how far the mic cord would go, and doing some deep leg stretches to warm up. The music was in the same genre as the Killers. The front man was in the mold of Mic Jagger or Bono as far as being able to entertain and engage the audience. We were standing right in the front against the stage so the proximity helped too. It also led to being showered with sweat and spit occasionally. Anyway, while you may not have heard of them before, I think they're going to be nationally well-known very soon.



Then came Ben. We love his music anyway but to be so close and watch him at work was quite the experience. If you get a chance to see him, I highly recommend it. He and his band have great timing, are very clean in their performance (not many mistakes), and you can tell they're enjoying themselves up there.
Anyway, hope you enjoy the taste of the concert. To see more photos and video from the concert go here.



1 comment:

Steph H said...

I think you actually introduced me to Ben Kweller. I really love him now. Sounds like an awesome show!