Monday, October 5, 2009

Parent-Teacher Conference

It is weird that I now sit on the side of the table where the parents seek me for information about their children. Am I old enough to do this? The parents probably look at me like, "Who is this child acting like my child's teacher?" However, all in all, I love my profession and feel competent. I was also able to see Emily Neilson Simmons and little Sam, which was a fun surprise. They were buying some bargained Shade clothing at the school. Congrats on the new house Simmons fam.

Devin and I just enjoyed a relaxing weekend up in Midway. We love that place. We went on a hike, fed some ducks, went golfing (I'm terrible but it was fun), watched TV, and sat around. There is something about that valley that is rejuvenating and therapeutic. On our hike we could not believe the beautiful colors of the changing leaves. There was this pink color that popped against the green of the leaves that haven't changed. We stopped and made a "leaf-angel" and gathered some leaves to throw in the air and dance in. Nature is amazing. While in Midway, I noticed something remarkable. One day I was laying on the couch with my legs across Devin, he was patting my legs, and I felt no surges of tingling. Now this was thrilling because ever since my MS diagnosis I've always had surges of tingling throughout my body upon impact. It never hurt but was terribly annoying. However, that day in Midway it was different. I felt no tingling. Awesome! I have to share my gratitude with those around me. I feel so blessed because at the present time I have no MS symptoms besides fatigue. For the past three years I have battled various symptoms (dizziness, numbness, tingling, etc.) but this is the first time I have felt free of any neurological shortages. Thanks Mom and Dad for your service and for the various prayers given on my behalf. I truly believe in the power of prayer and I'm relishing in this time of health because who knows how long it will last. Yeah...I love life.

5 comments:

mare said...

jame, i am so happy you are practically symptom free! what a wonderful existence. didn't you say people usually lose all symptoms during pregnancy? just sayin'.

i had those exact same thoughts during parent teacher conferences. thankfully, now i just teach the real dumb parents themselves. woops.

Laurie Bingham said...

Oh Jame, that makes me so happy! I am also glad that you and Devin were able to take a little break and enjoy the beautiful fall colors!

April said...

That is so good to hear! I hope it stays that way for a long time. Way crazy to think of sitting across from the parents... wow, we are getting old.

Erika said...

Yay Jaime! I'm so glad things are going well right now. Wait... did that other comment say you were pregnant...? Now you can't buy that Viper you've always dreamed of.

Steph H said...

That's great to hear! I hope you continue to feel healthy!!