For the past few days I've enjoyed the holiday spirit in the crazy city of New York. Unfortunately Devin wasn't able to join me so I took a lot of pictures. I loved visiting my pseudo sisters-in-law up in Harlem and attending some wonderful shows. I enjoyed attending
In the Heights,
Spring Awakenings, and
The Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall with the Rockettes. The highlight of the trip was the professional dance classes. During the three classes, we were taught the historical technique of Jose Limon, Martha Graham, and Katherine Dunham. What an amazing opportunity! Enjoy the pics.
Rockefeller Plaza. The tree wasn't lit yet but still beautiful.

After the show with Bon and Brittney.

Me in Times Square

Go D-Will.

At the top of the original wooden escalators in Macy's.

Dwight Schrute. What a babe!

We took some classes at the Martha Graham studio. This is me outside the studio. I'm also here (below) with Caty, Marni (who danced with Martha for 10 years) and Bon. Marni was great and was 72 years old, dancing like a young buck. I hope I look as good and am as heathy as her at 72.


Me with Joan Peters. She is the only lady teaching the Dunham technique at the Ailey studio. She's brutal.

The windows at Macy's. Very cute.
We ate dinner one night at a great local hang-out called "Vynl" (spelled with no "i"). The resturant is musically themed. Old record covers were inserted in the menus and around the resturant were Barbies representing old musicians. The food was a yummy, home cooking type but the best thing about the place was the bathrooms. The resturant had five individual bathrooms, each with its own theme. On the outside of the door was a star with a singer's name on it. When you walked into the bathroom you saw a huge mosaic of the famous singer. If you spent enough time in the bathroom (which I did) you noticed that the music being played was the artist. Some of the singers included Elvis, Nelly (the rapper), Dolly Parton, and Cher. Fun. Don't be scared by the picture below.
Outside Radio City Music Hall before the Rockette performance.

This is taken at the Christmas Spectacular. If you look close enough you can see real camels on the stage. What if they had pooped?
Cute windows outside of Bloomingdale's. I love the vintage theme they had.
7 comments:
What an amazing trip, I am SO jealous. The only thing I wish I could do again from high school, is our New York Trip.
Hey Jami- This is Jen (Bright). Totally random, I know. :) I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog. I haven't seen you FOREVER! How are things? You look adorable!! I hope all is going well!
What a fun trip! I love NYC!
you cute heart. new york eh? sounds like you had fun. dance classes sound so great. i remember learning about martha graham and how ingenuitive/influential she was. sure love ya bud.
How fun! I love the pictures. Maybe take me with you next time and you can teach me how to dance. All I know so far is the sprinkler but I'm a fast learner. The boys can have a sleepover while we're gone.
What a fun trip! That's so sad Devin didn't get to go. I love all the pictures!
Jami, I love your pictures from New York. Dance girl dance!
Mom
I've always wanted to be in New York at Christmas time. What fun pictures!
Post a Comment